Currently this is my News list:
Default Display Item form:
This means after you click on Close button you will automatically redirect to “News” list default “” page. It looks like this:
So the goal is to change the “&Source” Parameter. Here’s how:
- Create a new Page. (In my example I created a “Wiki” Page inside my “Site Pages” library. I inserted a header called “Latest News“)
- Open the page using “SharePoint Designer“
- Insert a new Display Item form
- Select your Display Item Form and click “Add/Remove Columns” button in the ribbon. It then opens the “Edit Column” window.
- Remove unnecessary columns. In this example, I used “Title” and “Content” column.
- Sort using “ID” to show latest Contents. (or y can skip this step)
- Find <xsl:template name=”dvt_1.rowview”> tag.
- Change the table data (<td>) content like below:
- Select the Display Item Form and click the Parameter button. This will open the Data View Parameter window.
- Create a new Parameter called “Source” and for the “Default Value” type in your redirect page URL this example, I was redirected to my home page. Click OK.
- Add our new Parameter at the end of your column URL this example, it’s “Title” column URL.
- Save and close your page. That’s it. This is how the page looks like:
This is my new Display item Form:
previously it looks like this: “http://spfoundation/_layouts/15/”
For more article like this visit: http://sptricks.com/